Save the Date: 30 October – 3 November 2017
Peace expert Miriam Coronel Ferrer in Switzerland
At the invitation of PWAG, the peace expert will be in Switzerland from 30 October to 3 November 2017.
; The Philippine peace expert Miriam Coronel Ferrer was the first woman to sign a peace treaty with a rebel group. She will be speaking at different events in Berne and Geneva about her experience as the chief negotiator of the peace agreement with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
Events with Miriam Coronel Ferrer in Switzerland
- October 30 2017, 12.00 am - 1.00 pm : Winning the Peace in the Philippines: Beyond Fighting Terrorism, Lunch-Event at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva; in cooperation with the Inclusive Peace and Transition Initiative; Register here!
- October 30 2017, 3.00 - 5.00 pm : Meeting and discussion with students, in cooperation with the International School in Geneva
- October 31 2017, 8.00 - 10.30 am : Inclusive Solution to Counter Violent Extremism, Executive Breakfast with ambassadors, UN-staff members and directors of internationals NGO’s in Geneva; in cooperation with the Inclusive Peace and Transition Initiative
- November 1st 2017, 9.00 am - 1.00 pm : Masters Class – A Practitioner’s Workshop on Gender & Peacebuilding, Workshop for Peacebuilders In cooperation with the KOFF, the Swiss Platform of Peacebuilding, and the Mediation Support Project of swisspeace and the ETH Zürich
- November 2nd 2017, 5.00 - 7.00 pm : Effective participation of women in peace processes, Women’s PeaceTable Switzerland; in cooperation with the FDFA's Human Security Division (HSD) and the Interdisciplinary Centre for Gender Studies of the Universtity of Berne